Listen to Fr. Kevin’s latest homilies by clicking a link below.
Fifth Sunday in Ordinary Time: Homily for 2/10/19
The end of life as we know it.
Second Sunday in Ordinary Time: Homily for 1/27/19
Fr. Kevin apologizes that he did not get his homily recorded this past weekend. However, if you would like to refer back to it, here is a written text of Fr. Kevin’s homily! Enjoy!
The Baptism of the Lord: Homily for 1/13/19
- Pray: In the name of Jesus I forgive…. for…. (name specifically the person and the thing you are forgiving as you pray)
- Pray: In the name of Jesus I forgive myself for…. (name the things you need to forgive yourself for)
- Pray In the name of Jesus I renounce the lie that I am unlovable
- In the name of Jesus, I renounce the lie that I am not worth loving
- In the name of Jesus, I renounce the lie that I have to do anything to earn God’s love
- In the name of Jesus, I renounce the lie that my sins/faults/vices/addictions/
darkness are in any way greater than God’s love and grace and mercy. (And you can renounce any other lies or fears you believe about yourself or God)
- Pray: In the name of Jesus I renounce: hatred, bitterness, resentment, depression, anxiety, darkness… (Whatever other things that seem to have power over your life)
- Finally, we pray in the name of Jesus that he break the power of all these negative things that have power over my life.
Epiphany: Homily for 1/6/19
Holy Family: Homily for 12/30/18
Christmas: Homily for 12/25/18
Fourth Sunday of Advent: Homily for 12/23/18
Third Sunday of Advent: Homily for 12/16/18
In my homily, I mentioned Bl. Chiara Luce Bodano. You can read more about her here:https://reallifecatholic.com/portfolio-item/blessed-chiara-luca-badano-pray-for-us/ I also shared a quote from her. Her is the quote:
“Here everybody is asking for a miracle but I cannot bring myself to ask for it. Maybe this difficulty that I have in asking for it is because I feel that it is not His will. I offer everything, my failures, my pains and joys to Him, starting again every time the Cross makes me feel all its weight. The important thing is to do God’s will. I might have had plans about myself but God came up with this. The sickness came to me at the right time…. However you can’t even imagine what my relationship with Jesus is like now… I feel Jesus is asking me for something more, something bigger. I might be on this bed for years…, I don’t know. I’m only interested in doing God’s will, doing that well, in the present moment… [before this sickness] I still didn’t understand. I was too much absorbed in insignificant things, frivolous and transient things. Another world was waiting for me and all I had to do was to surrender myself to it. But now I feel like I am wrapped into a wonderful design that it’s slowly unfolding itself to me.” – Chiara Luce Badano
“I suffered a lot but my soul was singing! I have nothing left, but I still have my heart, and with that I can always LOVE!” – Chiara Luce Badano
These quotes were taken from: https://piercedhearts.org/theology_heart/life_saints/bl_chiara_luce.html
I also shared a story of St. Francis of Assisi discussing perfect joy: https://www.soulshepherding.org/true-perfect-joy-st-francis/
First Sunday of Advent: Homily for 12/2/18
Christ the King: Homily for 11/25/18